Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Have a Theory

When I was in the 9th grade, the seniors were absolutely amazing. There was nothing they couldn't do. 12th grade boys were tall, handsome, and oh so knowledgeable about life. 12th grade girls were intelligent, funny, stylish, and friendly. At my school, we had freshman/ senior big brothers and big sisters and my big sister Melissa was amazing.

In the past few years, I've realized something fun and interesting. The same affinity that I had for the Class of '87 twenty years ago still exits today. Maybe it's the assuredness about life they exude now that they are about to turn 40; maybe it's the calm and insightful parenting techniques I see them employ; maybe it's it's the very human challenge to balance work and family that I know they encounter every day.

They have a certain knack, je ne ce quois, but a persona that I sense almost immediately.

Sound silly? Maybe, but it's definitely true. Think about the seniors from your freshman year. What feelings to they incite in you?

PS-I have in recent months also discovered an affinity for the Class of 1986 as well. What gives?

1 comment:

One Man’s Opinion said...

I'm class of '86. I hated the senior in my school. Of course i pretty much hated everybody, so I guess this proves nothing.

Hey, Toni. Thanks for stopping by.