Sunday, July 20, 2008

10 Days and Counting....Progress Report?!?!?

It's hard to believe how fast time flies. We are leaving Chicago in about 10 days. We are not headed back to Texas just yet...keep reading because we've got some fun-filled plans for the first two weeks in August!

However, before we go, it's time for me to be accountable! I need to share the specifics of my "healing," what I've thought, what I've done, how I've lived since our journey began last month. This week is it...I promise to tell all...the good, the bad, and the dirty! (If you have any specific questions you're dying to have the answer to, email me, and I'll post the question and the answer here)

So far, here's what we have:

1. I have started a gratitude journal. Each morning when I wake up, I write down at least 5 things I am thankful for.

2. I meditate at least 3 times a day and practice yoga at least once a day...everyday.

3. I have given up caffeine.

4. I have given up using "rules" to govern my existence.

5. I have been clipping and organizing grocery store coupons so I can have a frugal-fresh start once I return to Dallas.

6. I have done some preliminary work on my consulting business, established viable contacts, and SIGNED MY FIRST CLIENT.

7. I have started a "Too Blessed to Be Stressed" journal.

8. I have decided that when someone says to you, "I'm only telling you the truth," their truth can be completely different from my truth and I don't have to feel guilty or even care that it is that way.

9. I have one simple goal each day: to find my yellow. The space between me and anything or anyone else should always be happy, and yellow.

So far, so good....there's more to come!

No comments: